Ziņas no Amerikas Latviešu Palīdzības Fonda- augusts 2015
Latvians at the 2015 Special Olympics World Games
- Los Angeles, CA
We are proud to see Latvians competing in this world-class event!
Check out the Latvian delegation team members, events, and results:
ESPN is covering the event and it is also available to watch online.
Closing Ceremony on August 2, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. PT
Right now, close to 7,000 athletes representing 170 countries, along with 3,000 coaches, 30,000 volunteers and an anticipated 500,000 spectators, are participating at the 2015 Special Olympics World Games. Special Olympics is a global organization that serves more than 4 million athletes with intellectual disabilities working with hundreds of thousands of volunteers and coaches each year. Way to go!
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you don't feel thirsty.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
- Pace yourself.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
- Never leave children or pets in cars.
Hope to see you in San Jose in September for the Latvian Song Festival!
Ja kontaktēsiet, lūdzu, atsaucieties uz portālu: www.LatviesiAMERIKA.com